Hi Summer Impressions Families,
We hope you are doing well and continuing to stay safe and healthy. As school draws to a close and you look to summer plans, we know how important information is at this time.
We wanted to provide you with an update on how we plan to proceed at Summer Impressions for a fun-filled summer! First, we want to let you know that we plan to open on June 29. Of course, we will only do so if we are permitted. We continually follow applicable State, Federal, and American Camp Association guidelines. The safety of campers and staff is our number one priority.
We will still offer a full camp day between 9AM – 3:30PM. However, due to the amount of cleaning and disinfecting we will be doing, Extended Care hours will be modified from 8AM – 5PM. The extended day hours will still be free of charge. Due to some of the school districts having an earlier start date, the last day of camp will be August 21st.
In order to keep everyone safe while following the American Camp Association and CDC guidelines, we anticipate the following changes to our camp program:
- Each morning at drop off, campers will have their temperatures taken and parents or guardians will be asked a series of screening questions about their camper.
- Camp staff will also be asked a series of questions and have their temperatures taken upon their arrival daily.
- Campers will be kept in designated groups the entire day and move with their group between each activity together.
- Camp staff will assist campers in washing their hands or using sanitizer between each activity.
- Art supplies and sports equipment will be dedicated to each group and be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- To keep our campers safe, we have eliminated field trips, special visitors, lessons, sleepovers, and cookouts.
- We will minimize sharing of community areas. The areas that will be shared such as Arcadia, Awesome Bounce, Rock Wall and the Playground will be sanitized in between the use of each group.
- Camp staff will be wearing face coverings while indoors.
- Campers will remain in a designated area for before care and after care, to minimize group mixing.
- We will be performing extra cleaning requirements throughout the day and after camp.
- The camp is fully stocked with all appropriate supplies, such as hand soap and sanitizer, EPA approved disinfectant cleaners and wipes, gloves and face coverings, etc.
- Camp staff has been fully trained on all new safety protocols.
In addition, we have cancelled our Open House scheduled for June 7. For those who would like to tour the camp, please contact us to arrange a visit.
We know that the last few months have been different for many children and their families. We will provide a fun summer environment where they can spend time with their friends while still focusing on being safe and healthy.
In order to determine appropriate staffing levels, please submit your registration as soon as possible. We have a limited number of spots available. At this time, no deposits or payments are required. We will collect payments when camp opens.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to keep you updated. We look forward to welcoming you at camp soon!
Stay safe and warm regards,